Part One: There are several wallets you can use to claim and manage a .crypto domain.
- Metamask (Desktop/Browser) - Recommended wallet. Downloaded it here. You must restart your browser after adding the extension.
- Opera (Desktop/Mobile/Browser)
- Brave (Desktop//Browser) change the default settings from Ask to Crypto Wallet or Metamask from Menu, Settings, Extensions for Web3 provider for using Dapps.
- Unstoppable Domains App (iOS)
- Coinbase Wallet (Android + iOS)
- Trust Wallet (Android + iOS)
- imToken (Android)
- Coinomi (Android)
- MEW mobile (Android and iOS)
You must use Guest Manage to manage domains stored on a hardware device. Be aware that you have to cover the gas fees for blockchain transactions related to domain management.
For Ledger users: Make sure that contract data is turned on for your Ledger device. This is completed by following this guide.
Part Two: The .zil domain wallet:
Currently, you can claim and manage your .zil domain through a Keystore JSON file. If you have several .zil domains we recommend claiming them to separate wallets as the smart contracts currently prevent you from managing another domain in the same wallet if you have a pending transaction for another domain in the wallet.
When claiming a .zil domain you are prompted to enter a unique passphrase and then the Keystore JSON wallet is created. If you misplace the passphrase you will lose access to the wallet and the domain. You can also create additional wallets (JSON file and passphrase) at Zillet.io.
When you have obtained your JSON file you should copy it to at least one USB stick and ensure you safeguard your passphrase. Together they form the private key and domain management will not be possible without them.
You can alternatively extract the private key from the JSON file wallet:
Go to Zillet.io.
Click on Import File under Keystore File.
Click on ‘Select wallet file’ to upload the Keystore JSON wallet and enter the passphrase.
After logging in, click on ‘Wallet Info’.
Click on Reveal Private Key. You can now backup the private key, in case you lose access to the JSON file wallet you can create a new one by importing the private key in Zillet.io.