Claiming is the process of Publishing your domain name onto the blockchain and linking the domain with your wallet to gain full custody and control of the domain.
Please Note: Due to the congestion on the Ethereum network at the current time, a domain owner is temporarily responsible for paying the gas fee. Alternatively, you may wait until we implement our Layer 2 solution later this year to Claim for free.
.crypto, .x, .bitcoin, .dao, .nft, .blockchain, .coin, .wallet, .888
Claim with ETH
If you wish to pay the Ethereum gas fee directly with ETH via your claiming wallet, you may choose the "Claim with ETH" option over the domain under the My Domains section of our website.
1. Before you proceed with the claiming we recommend switching OFF all wallets extensions you have on your browser, including MetaMask (if you have it).
This can be done via Menu > Settings > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
2. Turn ON/create Brave Crypto Wallet extension by visiting Menu > Settings > Crypto Wallets tab.
3. You can double-check if your Brave Crypto Wallet is ON by going back to Manage Extensions page:
Menu > Settings > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
4. Next step is to select Ethereum provider for using Dapps as Crypto Wallets and Load Crypto Wallets on start-up:
Menu > Settings > Wallet.
5. Also make sure you have enabled Brave Crypto Wallet extension and pinned to the extension bar in the up right corner of your Brave browser:
If you decide to use Brave Crypto Wallet, you will need to restart your browser after installation. Furthermore, you will use the Other Browser Wallet option when signing domain updates:
We recommend claiming to a Brave Crypto Wallet as covered in our User Guide, and you should take note of the following points:
- Web page needs to be refreshed after adding Brave Crypto Wallet extension.
- Brave Crypto Wallet needs to be unlocked with your password.
- Brave Crypto Wallet needs to be available for all sites (can be reset when not managing your domains).
- Have all other web3 wallet extensions disabled.
- Have pop up blockers disabled.
Other Supported Wallets for Claiming and Managing domains can be found here.