Minting on L2 is the process of registering your domains from our database onto the Polygon blockchain and into your cryptocurrency wallet. Once a domain is minted, you have full custody over the domain. If you want to use, sell or gift a domain - you must first mint it.
* Note: This guide does not apply to .zil domains. Please see this guide.
In order to mint your domain to an XDEFI wallet, you first must configure XDEFI to be the default browser wallet to interact with web apps.
- Open XEDFI and hit the three lines at the top right-hand corner.
- Hit the toggle button next to "Prioritise XDEFI"
- After the toggle is on, you will need to refresh your browser to apply the changes.
- Switch your XDEFI wallet's network to Polygon by hitting the dropdown menu on the top left-hand corner.
Now your XDEFI wallet is ready to mint with!
- Sign in and go to the My Domains section of our website.
- Click Free Mint next to the domain.
- Select "Other Browser Wallet"
- The XDEFI web app will pop up. Click on "Sign" to connect your wallet.
- Then check the box next to "I understand", then click on "Confirm" to mint the domain.
- Once the mint process is complete, you can click on "Track Progress" to view your transaction under your account's "My Transactions" section.
- Click on tx_id_0000 next to the domain to view the transaction on the Polygon network.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Back to Domains button to go back to the My Domains page.