Unstoppable Vault is a new custody solution that gives you flexibility in how you store your Web3 domains. With the Vault, we’ll secure your domains in a private domain vault created specifically for you. By adding custody solutions, we are excited to give people an easy way into Web3 and options for how to build their digital identities. You can read our blog post here.
- What is the Unstoppable Vault
- Pricing and how to purchase a UD Vault
- How to purchase a Vault if the domain is already owned
- How to claim domains to a self-custody wallet
- What happens if I don’t claim my domains or opt into Unstoppable Vault?
What is the Unstoppable Vault
The Unstoppable Vault is an optional custody solution that keeps your domains safe by storing them in a custodial wallet with UnstoppableDomains. Your domains are claimed on-chain and verifiably owned by you, just like with a self-custodial wallet, but they’re kept separate from your other assets in a private domain vault. This helps diversify your assets, reducing the risk of hackers stealing your domain or making unauthorized changes – even if your own wallet gets compromised. The private keys to your vault are encrypted and protected, in alignment with industry best practices. You’ll have the option to transfer your domains from the Vault to a self-custodial wallet at any time.
Any domain purchased with a Domain Protection Plan of Self-Custody during Checkout will need to be moved to your own self-custodial wallet within 7 days of purchase. After 7 days, you cannot move your domain to your own wallet without paying the fee for the UD Vault custody.
Be Aware as of May 30th, 2023: If you hold your domains in Unstoppable’s custody, you’ll need to purchase an Unstoppable Vault or transfer your domains to a self-custodial wallet.
Pricing and how to purchase a UD Vault
Unstoppable Vault Prices
- $4 per year for a domain price less than $100
- $10 per year for a domain price of $100 and up
- $99 per year for unlimited domains (Bulk Unstoppable Vault)
During Checkout, when buying a domain, there is a box labelled 'Select domain protection plan' that is automatically set to Unstoppable Vault. By clicking on the down arrows, a pop-up will appear and you can select:
- Self Custody: Free, you will need to claim your domain into a self-custody wallet within 7-days
- Unstoppable Vault: $4 or $10 per year, individual vault subscription per year
- Bulk Unstoppable Vault: $99/year, you can have an unlimited amount of domains in the Unstoppable Vault.
How to purchase a Vault if the domain is already owned
If you have already purchased a domain and it is located either in the Unstoppable custodial wallet or Claimed to a self-custody wallet, and you need to purchase a Vault subscription:
Unstoppable custodial wallet
Go to your My Domains page and you can choose to purchase by clicking on the blue links of Buy $99/year Bulk Unstoppable Vault or Buy Unstoppable Vault for # Domains
You may also choose to individually purchase by clicking on Claim / Unstoppable Vault next to a domain. The page will redirect with a link to Buy $4/year ($10/year) Unstoppable Vault subscription.
Claimed in a self-custody wallet
If you would prefer to move your claimed domains into a vault,
- Go to your My Domains page > click Manage next to the domain
- On the domain's page, select 'Unstoppable Vault' from the left-side menu
- Click on 'Store domain' in the Unstoppable Vault
- Select the wallet for the address > when prompted, Sign/Approve the transaction with your wallet
This process will usually take a few minutes, but please be patient during times of heavy network use. You can track the Polygon network status and gas prices here: https://polygonscan.com/gastracker
Once complete, your domain will display as Unstoppable Vault. You can move the domain between parking and your own wallet at any point, as long as your Vault subscription is active:
How to claim domains to a self-custody wallet
Don’t want to keep your domains in a Unstoppable Vault? No problem! As always, you own your domains and can easily self-custody by claiming in your own wallet (if you need to set up a wallet, check out the 145+ awesome ones that have integrated Unstoppable domains here).
If your domain is in the vault with a subscription, or you have chosen the Self Custody option during checkout:
- Go to your My Domains page > click on Claim / Unstoppable Vault next to the domain
- Once the page loads, click on Claim into your wallet
- On the popup Claim "domain name", or you may choose to bulk claim up to 50 domains
- Choose or add your wallet > check 'I understand' > click Confirm > verify 2FA email/authenticator
We have many helpful support articles to assist with claiming domains to your own wallet:
What happens if I don’t claim my domains or opt into Unstoppable Vault?
As of May 30th, 2023, if you don’t self-custody your domains you’ll still own your domains, but you’ll need to pay for a year of UD Parking in order to move or use them in the future.
If you have any questions about the Unstoppable Vault or how to self-custody your domain, please reach out to us at email@example.com Thank you for being part of this journey.